Every month, I’ll share my top five life updates. Here’s what’s good in my world for January.
1) Accepted a spot at the Atlantic Center for the Arts’ residency.
I’ll be writing alongside seven other writers, and the residency will also have eight dancers and eight photographers present. Shipping out on February 17!
2) More than 50 women attended our first Babes + Books meeting of the year.
I’m looking forward to discussing Blackout by Sarah Hepola at our next meeting on March 25th.
3) Started my #52Booksin52Weeks challenge.
In 2019, I’m striving to read a book every week. I’ve always been a bit of a slow reader, so this is a big challenge for me.
I got off to a great start this month by reading six books, putting me ahead of schedule! Here’s what I’ve read so far:
You can follow my reading challenge in real time on Goodreads.
4) Interviewed a WWE Diva for the podcast.
We chatted about her 13+ year wrestling career. And who knew this WWE Diva loves zines?!
5) Made serious progress on an essay thanks to my cheerleading partner, Jessica.
What’s a cheerleading partner? Basically a writing partner with pom poms.
I’m lucky to have brilliant literary editor Jessica Hatch on my side as my cheerleading partner.
This month, Jessica and I met up twice to talk about an essay I’ve been toiling over for six months. She really helped me see the forest for the trees in this piece of writing, and the essay is finding its shape!
Looking forward to February with all my might.